Real Housewives of Orange County alum Braunwyn Windham-Burke and husband Shaun Sean Burke have been hit with a lawsuit over their O.C. rental home.
According to PEOPLE, the two are being sued for $45,000 for allegedly unpaid rent by their former Newport Beach landlord.
The civil suit was filed in Orange County on July 12 — the same day Braunwyn and Sean announced via Instagram Live that they were temporarily separating.
Karen Ogden, the owner of the Newport Beach mansion that the Windham Burkes call home, was the person who recently filed the suit.
The couple moved into the house with their kids in January of last year where they agreed to pay $15,000 a month in rent. According to the court documents, Ogden gave the couple an eviction notice on June 16, 2021, for not paying the rent that they agreed to.
A rep for the family has stated, “The information provided in the filed civil case is untrue and proper legal action is being taken to rectify the situation.”
PEOPLE reported in March that the rental home had been listed for sale for $6,795,000.
In the Instagram Live from Monday, Braunwyn and Sean said that they were moving out of the home.
The former Housewife said in the video, “We are packing up this house, the one we filmed in last year, and we are moving,” “We have decided jointly that we are going to take a few months apart.”
The two have been married for 20 years, and when Braunwyn came out as a lesbian in December, the pair said they didn’t want to divorce but instead would move forward with an open marriage.
The couple now says they have decided they will be “putting their children first.”
Photo via Rozaliya/Deposit Photos